Trevor Bauer breaks silence, says he’ll be ‘rolling out baseball content’ on his YouTube channel
On the day Major League Baseball kicked off the 2021 postseason, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Trevor Bauer posted a video on social media for the first time in three months.
In the 37-second clip, he briefly referenced his legal issues that have kept him from taking the mound for the Dodgers since June 28, and then said he would soon be “rolling out baseball content here throughout the postseason” as a way to “celebrate baseball culture and entertain” his 394,000 YouTube subscribers.
Bauer has been on paid administrative leave since July 2 while MLB investigates sexual assault allegations against him.
In August, a Los Angeles judge rescinded a restraining order that had been in force for two months after a woman accused him of assaulting her at his home.
Bauer apparently referenced that decision in his video, saying it “speaks for itself.” He also noted there’s another pending legal matter that he is not able to discuss.
Bauer, 30, won the NL Cy Young award last year with the Cincinnati Reds, then signed a three-year, $102 million free-agent contract with the Dodgers over the offseason.
He pitched in 17 games for the Dodgers before the sexual assault allegations became public and he was placed on leave. That leave has been extended through the end of the 2021 postseason.
Pasadena police have turned information in the case over to the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office, but so far no charges against Bauer have been filed.
This article originally appeared on USA TODAY: Trevor Bauer reveals plans to post videos during MLB postseason