New By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Balms
My latest love is the new By Terry Hyaluronic Hydra-Balm ($38, available at By Terry). By Terry created six perfect neutrals for lips in a tinted balm formula and every single color is perfect. The team kindly sent 2 and after seeing a few previews online I immediately ordered the other 4. I have all 6 swatched today. I think they’re great everyday kind of colors – basic staples without being boring.
The Hyaluronic Hydra-Balms are creamy and have a moisturizing feel without too much slip. Pigment is pretty good in coverage with medium level opacity. Formula-wise they have hyaluronic acid to add moisture and give the lips a full plump look. She also added a water gloss complex to give it a naturally glossy look. They do have a perfumed powdery rose scent but on me I feel like it fades within a few minutes (or my nose gets used to it).
Lasting power is similar to the Chanel Rouge Coco Bloom or YSL Rouge Volupte Shines. You will need to reapply every few hours but if you add a lipliner underneath lasting power is better.
I really love the colors she launched. I would love to see her add more shades to the line in the future too though! Maybe some more pink browns or toffee shades!
- Shade 1 Sexy Nude is a light cool-toned nude, I thought this would be too pale but it’s really pretty on
- Shade 2 Nudissimo is a light pink with coral tones, this is the only one I felt too pale for my skin tone, but if I layer it with a lip liner or another lipstick it’s perfect
- Shade 3 Tea Time* is the perfect tan beige
- Shade 4 Dare to Bare* is a pretty soft berry neutral
- Shade 5 Secret Kiss is a brown pink (love this one)
- Shade 6 is a berry red nude
Sexy Nude, Nudissimo, Tea Time on the lips also wearing:
Dare to Bare, Secret Kiss, Love Affair
100% love and the formula is comfortable, hydrating, not too heavy or thick. I also think the colors are perfect for everyday. Highly recommend. You can find them online at By Terry.
Shop the Post:
Press samples have a * next to them. All other items purchased by me.